has historical links dating back to the 18th century. It was part of the Strasburgh House estate which, at one time, comprised 242 acres.
The two beautifully renovated, stone-cut buildings that comprise the holiday homes were the coach houses attached to the House, once occupied by James Burke who was killed in the French Revolution in 1790.
The House was named after the French town of Strasbourg. It figured prominently in Irish history up to its demise in 1921 when it was burned down during the Irish War of Independence.
Families associated with it included: Burke, Daxon, Stacpoole, Huxley, Mahon, Talbot, Taylor, Scott & McGann (ref: 'Houses of Clare' by Hugh Weir, published by Ballinakella Press, Whitegate, Co. Clare)